Resting our faith entirely in the Lord Jesus Christ for our eternal salvation, believing wholly in the teaching of the scriptures and thus in those great distinctive principles for which Baptist's have always stood, namely:
- The Trinity of the Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one in essence but distinct in personality.
- The preeminence of Jesus Christ as our Savior, Lord, and Master.
- The supreme authority of the Bible and its absolute sufficiency as our only rule of faith and practice.
- The right of private interpretation and the competency of the individual soul in direct approach to God.
- The beautiful symbolic ordinance of believer's baptism in obedience to the command of Christ; the ordinance of the Lord's Supper in remembrance of His atoning death and in anticipation of His coming again.
- A regenerate church membership, which means a Bible based lifestyle that discourages sin and encourages righteous living.
- The complete independence of the local church and its interdependence in associated fellowship with other churches of like faith and practice.
- The pure democracy of the church, with the solemn obligation of majority rule and guarantee of equal rights to all and special privilege to none.
- The spiritual unity of all believers.
- A worldwide program of evangelism in obedience to the final command of our Lord.
- The distinct and separate roles of church and state.
- We believe that biblical marriage consists only of the union of one man and one woman, and that biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for a sexual relationship.
Bethany of Montclair is networked with a movement of churches known as Transformation Ministries.